Sunday, February 19, 2012

Reading Plan for Lent 2012

Welcome!

If you're reading this post, then you are probably a Catholic homeschooling mother whom I have invited to read "Counsels of Perfection for Christian Mothers" by Monsignor Lejeune during Lent of 2012.  (It is also possible, however, that you came across this blog with no prior connection to me at all.  As you read this, it may not even be 2012 anymore.  Oh well!)  Through the use of comment posting, this blog may prove to be a useful tool for sharing our reflections on the book's content; that's my intention.

Although there are 43 days of Lent before the Triduum, there are only 28 chapters to Monsignor's book.  We will read one chapter each day.  Don't worry, the chapters are very brief; after all, the book is written for mothers ("busy mother" would be a redundancy).  Using only the first 28 days of Lent for the reading will allow us to use the remaining days to put into practice any resolutions or do follow-up reading.  To that end, I will keep the blog active throughout Lent so that continued encouragement and/or questions may be posted. 

On Ash Wednesday, read Part One, Chapter One: "True and False Devotion".

"Counsels of Perfection for Christian Mothers" may be accessed online for free at http://ihsacademy.com/books/CounselsofPerfection.pdf 

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea! I was unable to get the link above to work, but found the text at. http://ihsacademy.com/books/CounselsofPerfection.pdf ... Although my computer wants to put periods in places that will invalidate the web address.... Sorry. May we invite other friends to join the discussion, or would you prefer to keep this small and local?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Perfection is accomplishing the will of God in a constant and generous fashion."

    Until I started reading this book I thought I knew what the will of God was for me. Now I am just beginning to realize I haven't a clue what it is. I haven't taken/made the time to have an intimate relationship to even really hear what God is saying let alone act on it.

    I had thought I did but now know I didn't. *sigh* perhaps it will all fall into place in time. Until then I'll just leave the cup empty and wait for it to be filled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just becoming to understand that eventhough I love my Lord. I keep wondering in the desert so many times. But I keep my faith to work on my hope for the love of Him. What a journey I am going through, but I pray so much more now!!

    ReplyDelete