Monday, March 5, 2012

Second Week of Lent - Monday

Day Thirteen
Part 2 Chapter 2
"Spiritual Reading - How to Engage in It"

Before beginning the discussion of this chapter, I'd like to suggest that we include the (15 minutes or longer, if you're able) spiritual reading in our rule of life.  Also, you may want consider beginning this practice once you are finished with this book.  Maybe you could keep a notebook or journal page on which you write thoughts and resolutions that come from this reading.  Once you are finished with this book, you could take a few days to reflect on what you've written and pray about it--perhaps even speak to a holy priest about it.  Then, while it is still Lent you could form those thoughts into a rule of life and content for future prayerful discernment/resolutions.  I make this suggestion so that women who are already making time (maybe for the first time) each day to read this book and blog do not become overwhelmed by the inclusion of more reading.
_______________________________

I am so filled with gratitude for being led to this book.  The guidance Monsignor provides in this chapter is yet another reason; it is practical and yet lacks no depth.  When a spiritual book takes hold of my mind and conscience the way that this one has, it is all I can do to keep myself from handing copies to everyone I know.


No comments:

Post a Comment