Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Third Week of Lent - Tuesday

Day Twenty-One
Part 2 Chapter 10
"Spiritual Imperfection"

The information in this chapter is completely new to me.  Never have I encountered this explanation of spiritual imperfection.  I always associated it, wrongly it seems, with a fault or weakness.  There have been occasions, however, that I can recall which would fit Monsignor's definition.  Is this new to anyone else?
____________________________
Additional Notes: "Trois Pas Dans l'Amour de Dieu" translates as "Three Not in God's Love".

2 comments:

  1. I found this section very confusing. Now I am not sure if I have been confessing my sins or my imperpections. Though, it seems to me that not cooperating with grace would be a sin, but if I understand Monsignor correctly, it would only be sin if against the Ten Commandments or the Precepts of the Church.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My impression of Monsignor's counsel is that a sin is an offense against God, whereas a spiritual imperfection is the failure to follow a particular prompting of grace. As example that comes to mind would be the following:
      As you are running errands, you feel a particular prompting to go a bit out of your way to make a visit before the Blessed Sacrament at a nearby parish. Running errands without stopping by a Church for such a visit is not a sin. Because you were so prompted on that specific occasion, however, and failed to comply, it is a spiritual imperfection.

      Delete