Thursday, March 15, 2012

Third Week of Lent - Thursday

Day Twenty-three
Part 3 Chapter 2
"Visits to the Blessed Sacrament"

Oh, my poor imagination.  When I think of all the trivial purposes, to say nothing of the sinful ones, for which I have employed my ability to imagine and yet never before have I imagined what Our Lord does in the tabernacle.  It seemed so natural, once it was read, to consider that the total offering of Self that Jesus made at Calvary continues with His Eucharistic presence in the tabernacle.  He does not simply wait, passively, for someone to visit.  His Body and Soul are actively offering sacrifice and praise to the Father while humbly contained in the tabernacle.  What a privilege that any human person may 'visit' and be a part of such an action!


No comments:

Post a Comment